14.9.07

Rationale for Blogging Attempt No. 2

Alright folks. It seems that Krystyna, after long and hard deliberation, is back on the blog wagon. (Off the anti-blog wagon? Having never felt the need to admit to alcoholism, I haven't attended any meetings that would have taught me that relevant terminology concerning said "wagon.") After maintaining a small but fervent readership for my study-abroad blog, I dropped the whole endeavor after returning to the states, mostly because I thought it was unneccesarily narcissistic for me to yammer on about, well, me, but equally on the realization that the caliber of my stories plummeted once I left East Africa.

In any case, two years hence and I've decided to once again give it a go. While I do still believe that blogs are essentially platforms for one's vanity, I've started feeling that itch to be self-indulgent. Why start up the blog again? Not only is there is a gratifying feeling in knowing that people are (marginally) interested in what goes on in my life, but moreover, I'm hoping that the act of writing things down will magically transform the dullness of my quotidien routine into something lively, engaging, and readable! That's the goal, at least. We'll see if my writing skills are up to the task.

Also, I feel I owe my blogging friends the reverse favor of giving them back something to read, since I truly do enjoy the voyeurism of following their exploits online. But enough prelude -- on to the blog!!

No comments: