11.1.08

In Which I Resume Exercising to Drop Weight Recently Gained.

Back from NYC!

All told, I'd say it was a pretty successful first business trip. I racked up $2,200 worth of charges, not including my salary, and had what essentially amounted to a delicious four-day food orgy, from which my body is still happily recovering. I actually amazed myself noting how much food I could consume on someone else's dime...

I decided I could (sort of, potentially) envision myself working in NYC at some point, until I realized the gaping flaw in my grand thought experiment: that my future life in New York would certainly not include a luxury hotel on Times Square, a 1.5 block commute, and absolutely free room and board. Plus, taking Manhattan elevators made my ears pop. Soooooo, scratch that thought. No plans to move anytime soon.

The humidity back in DC may do crazy things to my hair, but I appreciate living in a place where any bar in town would be happy to switch on CNN for updates on the New Hampshire primary - that is, if it wasn't on already. Viva la dorkdom.

No comments: